Sunday, February 10, 2013

Make your own Cloche

Cloche (or glass domes) are so popular  right now and I have became a little obsessed fond of them.  I have seen so many beautiful ones on pinterest and I can just see my easter table full of them with moss and little ceramic bunny rabbits in them.  I started my quest to find some affordable ones a few weeks ago.  I visited  my favorite store -- Hobby Lobby.  But even with my 40 percent off coupon; it was more than I wanted to spend.  Next, I tried the thrift stores.  No Luck there either.  So -- I set off to make my own.  Here is what I came up with:

I placed dried roses on a bed of moss in mine:)

You will need a tube of E-6000, a stand (or you can use a candlestick)  a small cup and saucer size plate and a small glass bowl  (dollar tree sells this size bowl).  Mine came from yard sales -- total cost --$1.50.  Put glue on the top of your candle stick or stand and place it on the bottom of the plate as shown below.


After placing the glue on the stand -- let it dry according to the directions on the tube.

After it has dried, (mine took about 45 minutes) flip it over and place whatever you would like to display on the plate and then cover with dome.  I added a lace bow to my stand.  The possibilites are endless.  I have seen tiny baby shoes, jewels, clocks and all kinds of things displayed in cloches.  Have fun and let me know if you make one!




2 comments: