Hi Everyone! I won an award! It's a major award!! And it's not a leg lamp! (Sorry -- I could not resist that reference to my favorite Christmas Movie, A Christmas Story) Seriously -- I am honored to say that Rusty Heart Designs @ http://rustyheartdesigns.blogspot.com has passed her Liebster Award along to me. Liebster, in German, means endearing, valued, and lovely. The award acknowledges up and coming bloggers for outstanding accomplishments within design that is presented on their blog.
Here are the rules for accepting the award:1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then
create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
11 Facts About Me:
I am a middle child. (One older sister and one younger sister.)
I am a diabetic and have an insulin pump.
I love community involvement projects and once designed a community clean up campaign called "Get out of the funk and Clean up the Junk" Lol.
I have been a scrapbooker for 20 years.
My idea of a perfect day is sitting in the swing with the sun shining and a stack of crafting magazines at my side.
I am a Christian and attend a Nazarene Church.
I would love to retire somewhere on a lake.
My favorite flowers are buttercups and zinnias.
I love italian food.
I work in a law office.
I LOVE primitive crafts.
Here are the questions that The Rusty Heart asked of me:
1. What do you do to get decorating inspiration? I enjoy pinterest and visiting other blogs for inspiration. I also enjoy being in nature and get inspiration from the natural things I find growing.
2. What are your favorite decor magazines? I LOVE the Country Sampler magazine. Although I don't have alot of primitive country decorations -- I still love them!
3. What are your favorite stores to buy pieces? I love antique and thrift stores. My favorite is our local antique mall called Timeless Antiques.
4. Do you like to cook? and if so, what's your favorite dish? I get in the mood to cook on occasion. I enjoy crock pot meals! Easy and delicious. But given the choice -- I'd rather be crafting than cooking anyday!
5. What seasons fall, spring, winter, or summer, do you enjoy decorating for? FALL!! Without a doubt is my absolute favorite. I love everything about it from the leaves turning, (all that red, yellow and orange) to pumpkins and Thanksgiving.
6. Do you like outdoor decorating or gardening at all? I enjoy outdoor decorating and I also enjoy using outdoor decorations inside! I love planting flowers (zinnias are my favorite). I created a fairy garden last summer and had so much fun doing it! Pictures are posted on my blog :)
7. Is there a blog that you visit often that gives you inspiration? I love visiting Sheila @ Note Songs. She is a wonderful decorator and her posts are so inspiring. We share a lot of the same "likes".
8. Do you have a favorite color, and does it show in your home? I love earthy tones. Mustard, burgundy, greens. I have them in my kitchen and dining room. Though I really went "out of my zone" this year with a blue bedroom! I love the mixture of blue, yellow and white so I went out on a limb and I really do like it.
9. Do you have any pets? I have a wonderful tuxedo cat named Ace, 2 beautiful boxers in my backyard and an adorable 2 pound black Chi-Poo puppy that belongs to my youngest daughter, Hope.
10. Do you like to go out or stay in on a Friday night? I enjoy staying home, ordering pizza, getting a fire going in the fireplace and crafting!
11. What room do you re-do the most often? My daughter's bedrooms. Their taste in decor is constantly changing as they grow. Of course, I only have my youngest left at home now. The other 2 have flew the coop! But I enjoy helping them decorate their new apartments as they start out on their own.
Here are the 11 blogs that I chose to pass the award along to: These are blogs that I enjoy following and I think you will too. Please visit their sites and check them out!
Lori over @ http://www.applegrovetreasures.blogspot.com
Kristi over @ http://www.thankfulme.net
Angie over @ http://www.beneaththemagnolias.com
Jenn over @ http://findingmysunshineinlife.blogspot.com
Mary Beth over @ http://www.beingathomebynature.com
Barb over @ http://barbscraps2.blogspot.com
Emily @ http://www.bluestarinkblog.com
Dee @ http://www.mikeandgabby.com
Linda @ http://www.paperseedlings.com/
Kristin @ http://kikiscraftkorner.blogspot.com
Lynn @ http://lynnshomespuncountry.blogspot.com
Rusty Hearts -- Thanks again for nominating me!
NOW -- Here are MY questions for the 11 bloggers above that I have nominated. Post this information on your blog for others to see.
1. What is your description of a perfect day?
2. What project have you done or created that you are most proud of?
3. How long have you been blogging and what got you started?
4. What is your favorite style of decor?
5. Who or what gives you the most inspiration?
6. What is your favorite season of the year?
7. Who do you admire the most?
8. What is your favorite blog to follow?
9. Where is the most interesting place you have ever visited?
10. Describe your home decor.
11. Do you enjoy outdoor activities? Such as?