Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shabby Chic Vignette

Hello Friends!  I have collected quite a few things that fall into the "shabby chic" category.  (Or at least I think they do!)  I already have 92 candlesticks (thanks to the help of some great friends and relatives!)  I have distressed about 10 so far -- some of which are in the picture above.   Hilary has created a pinterest page where she is pinning all the things she likes for the wedding.  I took inspiration from those and created this vignette.  What do you think about this for the centerpieces on each table at the reception?  Each one would be a little different but basically the same.  (Three candlesticks in the middle, stack of old books, picture frame with table number, 3 vintage looking bottles or vases with pink roses/babies breath and small jars with tea light candles.)  Hilary said she liked it -- but did not really like the look of the color from the books-- so she suggested I cover them with burlap or brown paper and then tie on the burlap bow.  Let me know if you like this and any suggestions to improve it.  Thanks for your help!  Looking forward to hearing from you guys!


11 comments:

  1. It looks great! I think you are doing a wonderful job. I did see somewhere in my ramblings where they painted the books in a shabby chic color and it looks like they had almost crackled them. They looked really cute..and idea you might try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea.. if you find that info about how to do that -- pass it on to me. Though I don't want to paint my old books.. I might paint some others to look old..

      Delete
  2. Just get different color books........everything else looks shabby elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that.. But she said she just wants them to tan or cream. No colors. You know kids these days!

      Delete
  3. I really like the frames with the table numbers in them. Such a great idea! I can't wait to search for those glass bottles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. The hunt is on! Had fun tonight!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, I agree with the books tan or cream. How can it be better when there is lace, roses and candles - Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, I just thought of a bird that Martha Stewart distressed. It was small and distressed with silver leaf but could be done with another color. I'll try to find it for you, it was delicate and georgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful.. I am trying to sneak birds in the decor every chance I get -- you know how much I like them!

      Delete
  6. Hi Cathy,
    Thank you so much for your visit and thanks for joining my give away. happy to follow you. I wish you luck my dear new friend.
    wishing you a beautiful weekend ;)
    warmly hug

    ReplyDelete