Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas tree Forest ( Made from wooden candlesticks.)

I bought this candelabra  from a local online yard sale for $3.00.  I have been  trying to figure out what I wanted to make  with it.  I finally made up my mind and this is what it turned out to be... A Christmas Tree Forrest!  My daughter, Hannah loves it and said it reminds her of something off of a Harry Potter movie!  Lol.

Here's how I did it:

First, I sanded it up to give it a more worn look.
I found some cones I  had stored  in my craft closet for quite awhile.
Covered the cones with sheet moss.  I used hot glue and have the blisters to prove it!





Decorated the trees with red glittered berries, wrapped it with star garland, sprayed a little fake snow and then covered the bottom with moss to look like the forest floor.... And it is done!

3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea. You have such a creative mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! it does have a whimsical feel to it. Very clever thinking!

    ReplyDelete