Sunday, October 28, 2012

Saturday Scrounging with Hope

Hope and I made our usual trip to Timeless Antiques yesterday to see what we could scrounge up for a couple of bucks.  Here are some of our finds:



This country corn sign just had to come home with me for $2.00


Pumpkin Spice candle for .50 cents.  Smells wonderful

I also found a box containing  four straw wreaths, 1 styrophone wreath,  2 small vine wreaths, a 20 oz bag of polyster stuffing , several vines of ivy, 3 embroidery hoops, 2 packages  of red and blue lace, a package of moss, 2 small looms, one wooden tool that I have no idea what to do with,  several craft books and about ten iron on patterns including some Mary Elgelbriet patterns (which I LOVE!)  Anyhow, I asked if I could just purchase the wreaths and stuffing and she said it was an "all or nothing" box and to make her an offer.  So.. I said, "what about $5.00? "  and she said, "It's a deal".  So the box came home with me too.  Below is a picture of what I did with one of the looms that was in the box.. I have been looking for a way to store my thread and I think this will work great!




Overall, I thought it was a pretty successful day of scrounging.  I received  another nice surprise when my dad and stepmother came over to watch the game with us later.  Susan, my stepmother, had found me a bag of vintage thread (some on the wooden spools) when she went antiquing in Pine Mountain!  I was so glad to get them.  There are some wonderful colors in the mix!  Not to mention the cool spools.  Thanks, Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment